Friday, January 31, 2014

YOUCUBED

Youcubed is a new website that is designed to help students and teachers with math problems.
This site is made for students, educators and anyone else is the k-12 education system. It is a non-profit organization which offers free or very inexpensive resources to teachers and great help for students who are struggling in math. This is a link to the video that fully explains what Youcubed is http://vimeo.com/76722104.


This is just one of a few videos on this site that really helps students learn math, this particular video gives people examples of what a student thinks math is http://vimeo.com/76724911. In the video there is a student who says that math is not just numbers, sometimes it is letters, I think that is a great message especially after our discussion in class last week on what math is. this site i believe would definitely be a resource I would use in my classroom because it would give me some great ideas as to how to teach math, and also give me some answers that i can give to parents as to why I am teaching math this way. Another reason why I would use this as a math resource is because there is a section on the website which is full of math games which can be used as a tool for teaching the students about math, and also for them to have fun while learning about math.

I wish that there was a website like this one when I was in school because I have always struggled in math and I think that a site like this would have really helped me and my parents while they tried to help me with my math.

 I feel that students today have it a lot easier to learn math with the help of websites like Youcubed and I really hope that when this site is up and running in a few months that many teachers and students will take advantage of this amazing opportunity and use this resource in their classrooms, I know I will.
Also I do like the little lame pun in the websites name.

Here is a link to the website http://youcubed.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment